We can’t do it without our community coach volunteers. South Delta United soccer club is a not for profit society that relies on volunteers to keep your fees affordable. Our fall season teams are all coached by volunteers who donate countless hours to our club.
Please note that ALL team officials age 19 or over – coach, assistant coach, team manager, gender rep, must complete the Online Registration and Police Information Check
Most of our coaches are parents who enjoy working with kids, love sports and soccer. Some are teachers, some are athletes, others have played and /or coached soccer for years – their strengths vary. We are always looking for keen parents who are interested in player development. To coach with our club you must:
- Complete Online Registration
- Complete a Police Information Check (formerly criminal record check)
- Must read and abide by the SDU Coach Code of Conduct
- Must familiarize yourself with the Canadian Soccer Association’s Long Term Player Development Plan
- U10-U18 Coaches must learn District rules and BC Soccer Rules and Regulations
Note: All team officials (coaches, co-coach, assistant coaches, manager, gender reps (etc.)) must complete the online registration, and complete a CRC Check
**Please note that all girls teams MUST have a female staff member that will be present at all team events. This can be coach, assistant coach, manager, or gender rep.
South Delta United tries to provide as many development opportunities for our volunteer coaches as we can. Over the course of the year offerings include:
- BC Soccer Coach Certification Courses
- SDU Coaching Clinics
- mentorship from experienced coaches
- Support from SDU Technical Staff
SDU strongly believes that coach education and certification is key to player development, as better coaches produce better players. We are working towards ensuring all coaches within the club meet the required BC Soccer level of certification based on the players stage of development they are currently coaching.
The Coach Pathway image below provides an overview of the minimum certification requirements for each stage of development within the Long Term Player Development plan.