Below is the practice schedule for Fall 2020-21.
These allocations begin Tuesday September 8th.
If there are any questions about space or times, please contact Rich @ email@example.com
**PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT COVID -19 PROTOCOLS BELOW**
Training Pitch Protocols.
Due to the current situation with Covid -19, SDU is making every effort to see to the safety and well being of our players, team officials, game officials, and other volunteers. Please read and abide by the following procedures, as our allowance to return to play is dependant on everyone following these protocols.
1. Information regarding hand sanitizers, player health checks, communication protocols, etc will be posted before practices begin next week.
Timing – please keep your on field sessions to 55 minutes. If you on the pitch at 6-7, you should have wrapped up your session by 6:55 and be removing cones / goals. Have your players off the side of the pitch prior to next group coming on.
- DUGALD MORRISON
- First team listed is on the NORTH (clubhouse) end of the pitch. ENTER at NW corner. EXIT in front of clubhouse by dugout.
- Second team is on the SOUTH (kicking wall) end of pitch. ENTER by kicking wall. EXIT at South East corner.
- If three teams are on the pitch, the team listed in the middle is…in the middle. Middle team enter and exit on NORTH end.
- If four teams are on the pitch, the first two are on the NORTH end, second two in the SOUTH end. Enter/Exit as above
- Player drop off in parking lot. Player pickup parking in baseball parking lot / street.
- Player equipment – during your session all coaching bags and player bags must be kept in the dugouts or off the end lines, completely clearing the warmup area.
- WINSKILL TURF
- First team listed is on the NORTH (parking lot) end of pitch. ENTER at NE corner onto Warmup Area. EXIT on NW Corner
- Second team listed in on SOUTH (by grass) end of pitch. ENTER at NE corner onto Warmup Area. EXIT on East side by dugout.
- Middle teams enter at NE corner. Exit at NW corner.
- Player drop off in NE corner. Player pickup at NE corner, Lawn Bowling lot, or Winskill Aquatic.
- Player equipment – during your session all coaching bags and player bags must be kept in the dugouts or off the end lines, completely clear of the warm up area.
- HOLLY TURF
- First team listed is on the WEST (opposite parking lot) end. ENTER at NW Corner, (by clubhouse). EXIT at SW corner (closest to school)
- Second team listed is on the EAST (parking lot end). ENTER at SW corner (by clubhouse) EXIT by team dugouts.
- Middle team, in the middle. ENTER at SW corner, EXIT by dugouts.
- During your session, all coaching bags and player bags must be kept as close to your teams exit points as possible, away from the next teams entry gate.
- Enter from the first base line. Exit behind third base. Please wait off the field until the group before you is exiting the field
WARM UP AREA – Dugald Morrison and Winskill
Priority for space in the warm up area is given to teams preparing for their session on the turf. Teams may enter this area 30 minutes prior to their scheduled allotment time to warm up.
At Holly Turf, as there is no warm up area, please be accomodating to teams coming onto the pitch after you ensure you are off the pitch on time for them to begin their session. Teams may not use the sidelines to warm up, they MUST warm up on the grass. Please stay out of the 6 yard box on the south end grass to avoid tearing it up.
- Warm-up area should be used for dynamic/SAQ style warm-up, or controlled dribbling / ball control type sessions.
- Avoid running game style sessions which incorporates balls going into other grids as well as the use of a large space.
- Do not send your team running laps around the turf, as invariably they cut into / through other teams practice space.
- It is important to respect the teams during their allotted time slot and allow them to finish their practice before moving onto the field. At the same time, please wrap up your session at the allotted time so the teams moving onto the pitch can begin right away.
- Teams should not be warming up or doing fitness on the grass fields. We need to preserve the grass to keep it in top condition as we move into the wet season. At Holly, please confine your warm up to the grass area beside / behind the equipment shed, and not on the grass pitch itself.
We ask that teams work together to support the use of the warm-up area. Common sense should always prevail.
If you have any questions, please contact your firstname.lastname@example.org.